How to unshare a Dropbox file.
I needed to transfer a large file to a graphic designer which was too big to email so I used the Share feature within Dropbox to temporarily share the file. There are plenty of note write ups on how to do this, but what caught me out was how to unshare the dropbox file once the graphic designer confirmed she had the file. I did nt want the file shared for ever more so for security reasons I wanted to unshare it.
It took a while to find the answer so decided to write it up here:
- On your computer find the file and right click on it.
- Select View on Dropbox.com
- When Dropbox web page opens, in the left hand menu click on Links
- This will show which links are currently being shared. Click on the X at the end of the line to remove the share link, or in other words to unshare the Dropbox file
Quite easy when you know how!
Hope this may help some people.
Latest posts by Ian Marshall. (see all)
- Don’t give up the day job - January 22, 2018
- Self Employment – Pros and Cons - October 9, 2017
- All the benefits of co-working without sacrificing client contact - April 4, 2017