Game Of Phones
We have researched some staggering figures on the economics of office phone calls for small business owners. The key ones are shown below and the numbers are so significant that we took the time to turn them into an infographic.
- £1,2000 – the average cost to SME businesses of missing just one phone call
This rises to £9,000 if businesses remain unavailable for a full 24-hour period (figures courtesy of BT Business).
- £17,000 a year – the cost of employing a full-time receptionist
- 11 – the number of decisions customers make about your business when they are talking to you on the phone.
- 70% – the % of callers that will hang up within 60 seconds of being put on silent hold.
- 27% – the % of sales leads among car dealerships lost through phone calls going unanswered (figures: motors.co.uk)
- 20 – the number of people that will hear about another person’s poor customer experience.
- 550,000 – the number of days in lost productivity among home-based businesses due to nuisance calls (stat: courtesy of Panasonic).
- £100,000’s – the amount lost each year as a result of small businesses being de-frauded by phone or invoice scams.
Click on the infographic below for a full size version.
Latest posts by Ian Marshall. (see all)
- Self Employment – Pros and Cons - October 9, 2017
- All the benefits of co-working without sacrificing client contact - April 4, 2017
- Virtual Receptionist Services – the four most frequent questions - March 8, 2017